Want to learn how to add keywords to your website to improve SEO?
Where should keywords be placed in HTML?
This guide will help you.
You can place keyword phrases in 20 places on a website to maximize SEO value and rank. This blog post will reveal the hidden areas of the HTML document.
This page covers everything you need about keyword optimization.
How to add keywords on a website to SEO
Your keywords phrases should be placed in the HTML meta title. This is the first step in adding keywords to a website.
Meta titles are website name tags that appear first in search engine results pages. Users can click them to see the meta title. This HTML meta field is essential for SEO purposes. Search engines like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing have much to offer.
If you do not include your keyword phrases in your meta title, they will not be considered. Your crucial word should always be included here.
This page should rank in the top 10 for the following keyword phrases.
- How to add keywords on a website for SEO
- How to add keywords
It is best to use as many phrases in your meta title as possible but not repeat words.
See the image below to see my page’s meta title.
To modify meta titles and improve search engine rankings, you can use an SEO plugin like All-in-One SEO or Yoast.
Google doesn’t consider meta descriptions to be a ranking factor. It appears as the second search result for your website and adds relevancy to the keywords people are searching for.
The meta description is essential in your decision to click on search results. It is a good idea for users to include their keywords in the meta description to make your listing more relevant to their search queries.
A strong marketing message or a brief description of the page’s purpose and your target keyword can impact how many people click your search results entry. This is the most critical aspect of this search results entry.
This screenshot shows how I added my target keyword phrase to the meta description.
While major search engines no longer use the meta keywords tag, many SEO plugins on-page still use it.
Google claims that keyword meta tags became a place for people to put frequently-inappropriate keywords without visitors seeing them. Google began to ignore meta-tags many years ago after many keywords were misinterpreted.
Google ignores meta keyword tags, so many SEOs leave them blank. Although you can include your keyword here, some search engines may pay more attention to the HTML location.
I do not use meta keywords in my Content. To learn more about the HTML tag, please read my post What are Meta Keywords?
Search engines and visitors will appreciate URLs that give information about the website’s Content and the location of pages within its organizational structure.
This URL is the top HTML location for keywords. It can be used on websites to improve SEO rankings.
Your website URL has many places where your keywords can be added. My best SEO advice is to limit how many exact match keywords you use in your URL. Avoid keyword stuffing.
These components are URLs you can use keywords to:
- Domain Name – Your website domain name may include your main keyword, such as keywordphrase.com.
- Subdomain Name: If you have subdomains set up on your website, you can include keywords like keyword-phrase.companyname.com.
- Folder Name: If the Content on your website is organized into folders, then the folder names can consist of your keywords like this: companyname.com/keyword-phrase/pagename
- Page Name: The actual page name can consist of your keywords like companyname.com/foldername/keyword-phrase.
To organize the content structure of HTML documents, header tags are used. These tags break down text blocks and make it easier for readers to skim.
Header tags are made up of H1-H6 elements. Header tags are made up of H1 to H6 elements. Page Optimizer Pro has confirmed the relevance and importance of keywords in these areas.
How to correctly use keywords in web header tags
- H1 The H1 tag serves as the main header of the page. It should only appear once, at the top of the Content. The H1 tag should contain your main keyword phrase. Additional keywords can be added, but you cannot stuff them. It is a good idea to copy the SEO-optimized meta title to the H1 section. You can find more information on my SEO H1 best practices page.
- H2-H4 A webpage can have as many H2 or H4 tags as possible. It is best to use H2s to break down the main pages. If necessary, H3s can be placed below the H2s as sub-headers. SEO strategies that include keywords at least once in the H2 tags and variations in the H3 tags are good. I don’t use H4s.
Header tags can also be used to win Google’s People Also Answer Box or featured search snippets. To give Google the exact information it needs, you can structure your Content as I did with H2s and H3s.
The page content is essential for SEO rankings. Search engines may not find the keywords you wish your website to rank for.
Give search engines like Google the information they need to place keywords within the body of your text.
I briefly covered this in my post, How to improve keyword searches. But I will be more specific here.
The best areas to put your keyword phrases are in
- Introduction Type your keywords in the first 100 words of
- Main Content You should use your keywords at least twice on each page’s primary Content (evenly distributed).
- Summary Type your keywords in the 100 most recent words.
Your Content must be easy to read. You should make it sound natural to put keywords in these areas. Your Content should be easy to understand and readable by people.
This may lead to too many keywords being included in the body content. You can still trust my opinion. This is the exact formula I have used for more than 15 years.
You can also use images to add keywords to websites. This may seem strange, but appearances can be optimized for keywords.
These four top places are for optimizing image keywords:
- ALT Tag is an HTML element that describes an image to a screen reader. Blind people can easily understand the visual elements of a page by using ALT tags. These tags are also great places to put your keywords. It is important that the keywords you add are relevant to the image and not just stuffed in the field. The ALT tag is primarily intended to aid people with disabilities.
- Image Title You can include keywords in the image title attribute. This attribute can be used to add additional information about an element or for search engine optimization.
- Filename Keywords can be added to image filenames to increase their SEO value. Keyword-phrase.jpg.
- Image Meta Information: You can edit an image’s metadata with image editing software like Photoshop. These metadata details can be used to credit the photographer or graphic artist and provide searchable information to photo archives and databases. You can change the title, description, and keywords to make the image more SEO-friendly. Google will also search for the information after it has been uploaded to your website.
This is how it’s most commonly used.
A tag can add a CSS attribute or an id attribute. You can use it to add keywords to your website HTML.
For example, you can add a
Your target keyword can be coded on the page you are currently viewing.
Although you may be tempted to think that this SEO strategy is impossible, I can assure it works. Ted Kubaitis’ Cora SEO software shows correlations between higher Google ranks and more keywords in DIV tags.
Is this not amazing?
This website, called “Addicting games,” is ranked among the top three Google results when searching for the problematic keyword “games.” This website optimizes for this keyword using the DIV strategy.
HTML Title Attribute
The title attribute contains additional information about the HTML element to which it is attached. The title attribute also includes the tooltip text. This appears when your cursor hovers over a part.
The best part about the HTML title attribute is that it can be applied to any HTML element.
Where can you put keywords in HTML such as this?
These elements are the most basic that you can use.
- Horizontal Ruler
- Anchor Tag
- Unordered or Ordered Lists
- List Elements
To harness the power and potential of the title attribute to your keyword phrases, you must add it to existing HTML elements. You don’t have to include your keyword in every title attribute on the page.
These are just some examples of HTML elements.
- Text block
- Anchor text link
- Name in the List
Addicting Games uses the same SEO strategy in HTML as my previous tip on keywords in DIV tags. The image below shows it in action.
Link Anchor Text
An anchor is a text that appears and can be clicked within an HTML hyperlink.
Linking between pages on your website creates an opportunity to add keywords you want your target site to rank high for.
This is an example of keyword-optimized anchor text.
The anchor text matches exactly the keyword phrase. The hyperlinked text includes the keyword phrase I want my linked webpage to rank for. Similar link anchor text can be found in other blog posts.
Google can help improve a page’s rankings by using keyword-optimized anchor text for internal linking. The anchor text is a signal from Google about the Content of a page and should be ranked accordingly.
(I explain this idea in more detail in my article about external vs. internal links.
It is best to avoid repeating the exact link text more than 50% of the time. Variation in your link text is significant because it can send a red signal to Google and could result in your website being penalized.
I rotate through the keywords I want pages to rank for to ensure success. By doing this, I avoid over-optimizing by not using the same keyword too often. I include other words in the link anchor text to ensure each matching phrase is unique.
This internal linking plan could be used to rank a blog with the keyword “SEO keyword suggestion.”
- SEO keyword suggestions (3 links within the website)
- These are two internal links that will help you to find SEO keywords
- My SEO keyword tips (1 link internal)
- SEO keyword tips (2 internal links).
You can see that I optimize the link anchors in the keyword phrase. However, I also add enough variations to ensure it’s not overoptimized with an exact match phrase.
The navigation menu is another place where keywords can be added to a website. This valuable SEO resource can be used to improve your website’s rank.
Every page of your website will contain keyword-rich links if you use descriptive anchor text in the global menu navigation.
Google can see a page that has many links as a sign it is essential. More links are associated with higher SEO value.
As I mentioned in my previous tip, you shouldn’t place your keywords within the navigation menu. The best option is to use a partial match keyword phrase. This will make sure that you don’t overoptimize for the keyword.
You can remove the keyword “best” from a page that has the “best keyword instrument” page and add a link to it in your main navigation menu. This will increase SEO value.
Another example is a page you would like to rank in the Texas search engine for digital marketing services. Another example is “digital marketing services span>” as the anchor text.
How to Increase Your Ranking
After you’ve compiled all the tips, you can begin to look at your keyword rankings on Google.
This page explains how to check keyword position in Google. Anyone can find this step-by-step guide to help them review their position.
SEO: How do you add keywords to your website?
This guide will help you add keywords to your website to improve its SEO.
This was done to answer the question: “Where do keywords go? “
As you can see, there are 20 places to put keywords in website HTML. This will help improve your Google search rank. Your pages will be more SEO-friendly if you include more keywords.